Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing with Onshape Mobile App

Is there any plans to give the Onshape mobile app 'drawing' capabilities? Currently I have to change from the mobile app to the desktop to create 2d drawings of the model. I'd love to have this option within the mobile app. I use a tablet so not having to open up a laptop or other computer just for drawings would be great.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Although it's not officially supported, you might be able to use the browser version. It's not very touch-friendly, but Bluetooth mice often work well with tablets.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    tristan_ceddia779tristan_ceddia779 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah the bluetooth mouse does work well, but on the couch it doesnt haha. I just want to be able to lay relaxed on the couch and create :)
  • Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    One fun thing I did a while ago was set up a steam controller with bindings for Onshape tools to do CAD while on an airplane (not enough space to use a keyboard & mouse, arms are too long). I also wanted to do the "CAD from a couch" thing. It was doable, but I wasn't nearly as fast as usual. I have a feeling with more practice I could get up to regular speed. It lets you have full keyboard and mouse control while not having a full keyboard or mouse. It's pretty precise with the mouse overall, too. Too bad they are discontinued :'(

Here's what they look like:

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev