Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New extrusions?

Hello, I am new to OnShape, but have been using Inventor for a while. I am a TechEd teacher having my students use OnShape...nice software.
  Some times when I add to an extrusion it changes color. Sometimes not? Why is that? When I was trying to mirror something the new color will mirror fine but when what I want to mirror it is apart of the same color I can not just mirror the ? 3 new holes, it mirrors all that is that same color?
Any help would be wonderful understanding how OnShape works with numerous extrusions. It seems like the new extrusion sometimes is like it's own part?

Kevin

Answers

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    It likely is a new part. If over lapping to an other extrusion it will likely default to add. If not over lapping with existing part it will become a new part by default. Note with the extrusion tool (and others) you'll be given a choice. New Add Remove Intersect. Even the mirror tool will behave this way.

• Options
    sean_richards499sean_richards499 Member Posts: 15
    When you extrude and and you select new.  It creates a new part at the bottom.  It creates each new part as a different color.  Sorry for the messy lines.