Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotate view question

danny_carballodanny_carballo Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I've been using Onshape for quite some time where the default behavior has been to rotate about the mouse point when I right-click to rotate. As of today, I'm noticing that no matter what, my right-clicks are rotating about the origin or some other point in space not on the model. How can I revert this behavior? Any help would be great!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Right-mouse click over any point of geometry (end of line, moddle of line...) then rotate
  • Options
    @Krz
    It occurs intermittently whether or not I am on hovering or geometry or not. For example, if I right-click over a part face it will not rotate about that part face.
  • Options
    KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    It rotates only around points.
  • Options
    Is this a recent change? This only started occurring for me starting today.
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    @danny_carballo
    could be a bug. I'd submit a support ticket here:
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Thanks, already did.
  • Options
    Update for anyone else experiencing this issue - it appears to be browser related. I am using Brave which has the problem but Chrome does not appear to have the issue.