Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Transfer ownership from Free Educational account to Education Professional account ?

Hi,
I just got and set-up the Education Professional account for our university, but as it took a while, some groups of students already started working on their design projects with their free account. So I wonder if it could be possible for them to transfer ownership of their Onshape Documents to the Professional domain.
In fact it seems a sandard member of our organisation (with no Admin rights) do not have access to the option of "Transfer ownership" to the Company (Company checkbox not accessible).
In fact it is not critical for me at the moment, just it could help.
Can you confirm this will not be possible, or explain the proper way to do it if possible?
Thanks a lot.
Philippe.

Answers

• Options
    Mark_CheliMark_Cheli Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 13
    Hi Philippe!

In order to be able to transfer documents to an Enterprise you need to (1) be an administrator of the Enterprise, and (2) be an owner of the document.  So in order to get those documents into your Enterprise, have the owner of the document transfer ownership to an administrator, who can then transfer the document to the Enterprise.

Alternatively if an administrator has copy privileges, they can make a copy and then transfer the copy.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    philippe_marinphilippe_marin Member Posts: 26 EDU
    Yes perfectly clear and makes sense. 
    Thanks a lot Mark.