Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape stl files not appearing in flash print

Hello,

I exported a part to an stl and attempted to open it using flash print slicer, but nothing appears. I open other stl's that were exported from different cad programs and they appear, which makes me think that something is wrong on the Onshape side, although I have reached out to flash print about it and am awaiting a response. I just wanted to ask here to see if anybody has run into a similar issue. the onshape part file is here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d3f6135e01d3692dedbda2b5/w/d48a0b01432b833168bef308/e/daa36556d5cb9607ca11bdad.

Answers

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    I exported the part as an STL, opened that in Prusa Slicer and it appeared to slice just fine.  Maybe it's a problem in your slicer?
  • Options
    KrzKrz Member, Developers Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    @maxwell_stocking I exported Part1 as an STL and opened in FlashPrint without problem.

• Options
    thomas_geiser466thomas_geiser466 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have absolutely the same problem. Have you been able to solve it? If yes, could you please tell me how to do it?
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    @thomas_geiser466 - if you'll link to your document one of us can create an STL from your part and see if it can be read by the slicer we use.  That would at least tell you if it is a problem with the part or the rest of the STL workflow.

• Options
    maxwell_stockingmaxwell_stocking Member Posts: 3
    There was a disagreement with the units. I designed it in inches but my slicer software imports it in mm. So it was super tiny. So two things fixed it, I changed the units in the slicer or I scaled up the part. Thanks!
  • Options
    david_morton736david_morton736 Member Posts: 1
    Set the units to millimeter and it should work. I had the same problem and realized the default was meter.
  • Options
    Mr_BuffingtonMr_Buffington Member Posts: 2 EDU
    That solved my problem. I designed in inches and exported to  as inches  so I changed to mm and scaled it up in Flashprint 
    Thanks