Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to find a part?

LKRENZLERLKRENZLER Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
Let's say I'm working on a document created by someone else and I need to find one of the referenced assemblies or parts.  For example the Spindle in the screenshot.  I would expect to be able to right click and find a path to that part but so far I can't.  I know you can use the search but it's very slow and cranky.  Is there a way to just get the path to where that part is?

Answers

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    If you right-click you should see the 'Open Linked' Document option. This will open the referenced assembly in it's respective document. If you get kicked to your main Onshape page and/OR see a blue message then you don't have the right permissions to open the document and must request the right share access.

Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    LKRENZLERLKRENZLER Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    OK, thanks.  That opens it but in many cases I'm also looking for other parts that I know will be in the same folder.  I still can't see where that document is.  Is there any way to show a path to where it is?  This is what I want to know: