Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

help, cannot delete face of extruded text.

hi, I was successful at deleting all the font that was extruded, however the last letter is being stubborn and refuses to be deleted, I leveled it with the surrounding surface to be flush so it would only be a "face" to delete like I did the other letters, but its not working. I keep getting "Did not regenerate properly, could not delete selected faces"  This is on a mirrored part from the original hence why the letter is reversed. any help is deeply appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    I would recommend going back through your feature tree and performing the mirror before you add the embossed letters to the first part. This would prevent this entire process from being necessary. The best part about parametric CAD is that you can change the order of operations in your design feature tree to make issues like this trivial. If you share a link to your design in the forum post maybe someone from the forum can take a look at the design and give some assistance at optimizing the design.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln