Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

A few UI questions. Are these even possible?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
I'm wanting to improve the usability of Freeform Spline and I can imagine some helpful UI behavior, but don't know how or if it's even possible. It's hard to find which vertex is active in the feature dialogue and the ideas mostly target that. My short term solution is to just info report which vertex is active, but it could be way better. Here's what I'd love to do:
  1. when a point is selected to edit, automatically activate its query box. I'd like to activate a spline point, then click a vertex/edge as a reference. This would also make it more obvious which list item is the one selected. 
  2. the points array list gets long, so it would be nice to collapse all of them except the one being edited. Can this be controlled?
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl