Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I sweep this shape

Best Answer

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 477 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If you uncheck the keep profile orientation box and do not select the H type crossing lines you can get the sweep to work on the outer profile. For the H lines, you will have to create new sketches as a sweep starts from the profile sketch. There may be a feature script out there somewhere that would do it all in one step but I don't know. 

Answers

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 477 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If you uncheck the keep profile orientation box and do not select the H type crossing lines you can get the sweep to work on the outer profile. For the H lines, you will have to create new sketches as a sweep starts from the profile sketch. There may be a feature script out there somewhere that would do it all in one step but I don't know. 
  • Options
    mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Thank you much