Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

import excel table

jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
edited March 2021 in Community Support
Can I create a table in excel then import it onto a drawing?

Answers

• Options
    jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
    Okay -  managed to import the CSV file into a Creo drawing then exported a DXF.  I Imported the DXF into Onshape and Created an Onshape drawing of it.  I was then able to copy and Paste the imported table into the drawing I am working on.  Everything looks good except the table and text are a very imperceptible YELLOW color.  I cannot seem to find a way to change the color of the text.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  (I still think that Onshape needs to import a CSV file directly.)
  • Options
    Alex_PittAlex_Pitt Member Posts: 59 PRO
    Hi, I've created a VBA script to export JSON from excel in the right format for Onshape. This is shared on another thread somewhere on the forum (I'm currently on my mobile so can easily find it)
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,716 PRO
    edited June 2023

Reply from other post:
    @Alex_Pitt, here is your post with the JSON exporter: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/92883#Comment_92883

Alternatively, Table - Custom Feature will let you take a CSV directly from an import which you can use in your drawing. Then if you update the imported file, the table will update.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎