Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

1/2 students name tags don't have export option in pull down menu

laura_lane943laura_lane943 Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am a 8th grade teacher, teacher students a little about CAD and 3D printing through OnShape and MakerBot. 
About half the name tags my students draw don't have the export options when drag to highlight or right click on their tags. I have not noticed a difference between the ones that I can export and the ones that I can't, but there must be a difference. Could it be something they select when setting up their accounts? It is not red errors. I did notice that one that would not export did say :" This document is view only", but many that don't say that don't have the export option either. 

Any ideas? Thanks. L. Lane

Answers

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    @laura_lane943

It sounds like your students aren't giving you the permission to "export" when they share their document with you. They need to give you the ability to export in the share menu.