Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Recent 3D mouse troubles

brooke_spreenbrooke_spreen Member, Developers Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
Any other 3D mouse users having trouble the last few days? Onshape has stopped responding to mine. The mouse test application works fine. Same behavior in both Firefox & Chrome, also with all extensions disabled. Using a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact. Trying to pinpoint if this is a mouse, computer, or general technology gnome issue ;)
Cheers!
Design Engineer | Anerdgy AG

Best Answer

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Mine was broken for the last two weeks. I uninstalled, the old driver, installed the new one which didn't work. Then I tried to manually delete all of the 3Dconnexion files and broke it even more so that it wouldn't install any driver. Finally, I contacted 3Dconnexion and they walked me through a fix. Basically completely removed everything and installed the latest driver. Not sure this will work for you, but it worked for my wireless.

Here is what they said:
    The first is the Microsoft Fix it tool. Here is the link: https://3dconnexion-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/dvalle/ES63EOiMRW9PqXej45aQlAQBjsM4npx0meCPxhlEpDzH3g?e=kP5SXn
    It does not allow you to uninstall all the 3DxWare components at once. You need to go line by line and uninstall. So basically you uninstall one component, let the tool finish the uninstallation of the component, then start it up again so you can uninstall the next component.
    The next application you want to use is Wise Program Uninstaller : https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-program-uninstaller.html
    This should remove any 3DxWare components that may be left over.
    After everything is removed via those two programs, follow the steps below.
    1.      Uninstall the current driver on your machine by going to control panel if you are able to.
    2.      Close down any application that would use the 3Dconnexion Driver.
    3.      Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming and delete the 3Dconnexion folder.
    4.      Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local and delete the 3Dconnexion folder.
    5.      Click the 'Start' button and 'Run' type in 'regedit' and hit OK to bring up the Registry Editor. There is a registry entry under the branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER under the 'Software' folder. Delete the 3Dconnexion folder found in this location.
    6.      Close the registry editor.
    7.      Reinstall current Driver
    8.      Test.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Mine was broken for the last two weeks. I uninstalled, the old driver, installed the new one which didn't work. Then I tried to manually delete all of the 3Dconnexion files and broke it even more so that it wouldn't install any driver. Finally, I contacted 3Dconnexion and they walked me through a fix. Basically completely removed everything and installed the latest driver. Not sure this will work for you, but it worked for my wireless.

Here is what they said:
    The first is the Microsoft Fix it tool. Here is the link: https://3dconnexion-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/dvalle/ES63EOiMRW9PqXej45aQlAQBjsM4npx0meCPxhlEpDzH3g?e=kP5SXn
    It does not allow you to uninstall all the 3DxWare components at once. You need to go line by line and uninstall. So basically you uninstall one component, let the tool finish the uninstallation of the component, then start it up again so you can uninstall the next component.
    The next application you want to use is Wise Program Uninstaller : https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-program-uninstaller.html
    This should remove any 3DxWare components that may be left over.
    After everything is removed via those two programs, follow the steps below.
    1.      Uninstall the current driver on your machine by going to control panel if you are able to.
    2.      Close down any application that would use the 3Dconnexion Driver.
    3.      Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming and delete the 3Dconnexion folder.
    4.      Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local and delete the 3Dconnexion folder.
    5.      Click the 'Start' button and 'Run' type in 'regedit' and hit OK to bring up the Registry Editor. There is a registry entry under the branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER under the 'Software' folder. Delete the 3Dconnexion folder found in this location.
    6.      Close the registry editor.
    7.      Reinstall current Driver
    8.      Test.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    brooke_spreenbrooke_spreen Member, Developers Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Oof, thanks for the tips (and speedy reply). I'm on a Mac, so analogous steps were needed, but it worked. If anyone else ends up with the same issue, here's what I did:

Microsoft FixIt & Wise Program Uninstaller are both Windows-only. A quick search did not find any equivalents, so I skipped this part.
    1. Under Applications/3dConnexion, used the "Uninstall" program. Restarted computer.
    2. Made sure any relevant applications (including Firefox) were closed.
    3. Checked ~/Library/Application Support, but no 3Dconnexion. Skipped this step.
    4. Skipped.
    5. Skipped.
    6. ...
    7. Reinstalled driver & restarted computer.
    8. Test
    Would be curious what the change was that broke things in the first place...

TL,DR: The annoyance of uninstalling/restalling the driver (and the associated computer restarts) was worth it!
    Design Engineer | Anerdgy AG