Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Aus Beams FS become very slow

rhys_skinnerrhys_skinner Member Posts: 8 PRO
I have been using the FS, Australian Beams 2.0 (MBartlett)

Recently the script has become very slow, around 10 seconds per operation.

The FS file is tagged 
Deprecated.... is it an old version or abandoned?

Any thoughts? thanks

Comments

• Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    Deprecated simply means it is no longer being actively developed, which doesn't necessarily mean it is no longer functional. If you're suddenly experiencing significant performance problems, I would first check that it is the Beams 2.0 FeatureScript in question using the Show Regeneration Times option in your part studio. It's also possible you are simply doing a performance sapping operation, like importing a beam profile from a poor performance part studio, which could also cause the FeatureScript to become very slow.

If all else fails, updating to the latest version (which appears to be 3.0) may result in better performance and additional features, both of which are probably beneficial.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• rhys_skinnerrhys_skinner Member Posts: 8 PRO
    Hi Alex,

When you mentioned a 3.0 version I had to find it.
    Took a while to discover the script and finally yes it is much quicker on that version.

Thanks for your comment

Anyone else coming along I have found the Aus beams 3.0 here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1932527edac323470b3700c5/w/fc73148cab9c8da1ac419ef1/e/95da2845221fb384c15678e8