Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

cad.onshape.com account using Enterprise login credentials making docs Public??

john_allen289john_allen289 Member Posts: 34 PRO
Hi,

One of the perks of our Enterprise acct, was that the users also got a 'personal' login in the cad.onshape.com domain with the same logon credentials.

This works for our business because the cad.onshape.com domain, when using the Enterprise login, kept documents private by default in the event an employee accidentally started creating 'Enterprise' data in the cad.onshape.com domain. Good IP protection failsafe. We would could then 'Transfer ownership' back to the Enterprise once identified with no risk of any breaches.

However, logging on to the cad.onshape.com domain with Enterprise credentials today, it is making any new documents 'Public' by default like a normal free account.

Has something changed on this recently?

I now have a mix of private & public documents in the cad.onshape.com domain under my Enterprise login.

This has created a potential leak in the Enterprise IP security bubble.

Any thoughts?

I will try support when I'm back in work Monday but thought I'd reach out here first.

Best Answer

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Answer ✓
    @john_allen289,

This is not correct.  Please make a support ticket so that we are able to investigate it further.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Answer ✓
    @john_allen289,

This is not correct.  Please make a support ticket so that we are able to investigate it further.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    john_allen289john_allen289 Member Posts: 34 PRO
    Thanks Jake, support ticket #254029 raised