Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D space mouse use

JO_VermeulenJO_Vermeulen Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am just taking the introduction course to see if Onshape can be of use for our company. 
I notice that my space mouse is only zooming in and out and has some delays before the parts react. 
Rotation or moving sideways does not seem to work with Onshape. Need to use the keyboard/mouse combination. 
As Creo-Catia-Solidworks user, I am used with spacemouse functions and wonder if the functions can be used in Onshape. 
I am using a portable 3Dconnection mouse. 

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    3Dconnection is usually pretty helpful if you reach out to them.

If you would like to trouble shoot it, we will need to know a few things:
    • Model of space mouse
    • Driver version
    • Browser and browser version

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    I use a SpaceMouse with Onshape, and this happens to me occasionally, and it usually ends up being some combination of 3dConnexion driver/browser needing updates.  If it's the same issue that I get, when you open up the 3Dconnexion app and then switch to Onshape, it will detect the active app as "Chrome" instead of "Onshape" - and only scrolling is supported in the browser, so you get zoom in/out.  Usually, it fixes itself for me with one of a) restart browser b) restart computer c) update 3Dconnexion driver.
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
  • Options
    thomas_uroguttthomas_urogutt Member Posts: 3
    Still the same problem here, sometimes the mouse is just useable for zooming, tried with vivaldi, firefox and edge. So I think the browser could not be the problem ...
  • Options
    thomas_uroguttthomas_urogutt Member Posts: 3
    After installing the newest driver, the problem is gone!