Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

The wrap feature is not letting me select a target face.

vikram_koli595vikram_koli595 Member Posts: 31 EDU
The wrap feature isn't letting me select a revolve face. I am trying to wrap a sketch of four circles around a curved surface that was revolved from a sketch. For some reason it doesn't seem to work for some reason. Help would be appreciated. 

Here is the link to the project
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/81d2f7f0aa4bb8b799982f93/w/640d51f8ef753957f1a2f4c5/e/2d056ec58a69df83ead1cf71

Best Answer

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 278
    Answer ✓
    The Wrap feature currently only supports cylindrical faces. You could split the revolved face using the Split feature and the sketch circles.

Answers

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 278
    Answer ✓
    The Wrap feature currently only supports cylindrical faces. You could split the revolved face using the Split feature and the sketch circles.
  • Options
    vikram_koli595vikram_koli595 Member Posts: 31 EDU
    Ok,  but In my design I need a sort of emboss for my shape. If I try to do the split feature, it won't be the emboss I want, the circles will be distorted when I look at the model from the side but will look like actual surface from the top. I will create a new topic with this issue