Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Making a dome-like shape with a circle and guide arc

max_crawfordmax_crawford Member Posts: 2
That title might be a little confusing. Here's how the sketches look.

I have a circle on one plane. The curve below it is not a regular, centered curve (It was drawn as a conic arc). What I want to do is create a sort of dome in the shape I have mapped here.

I'm not completely familiar with all of Onshape's tools, so maybe I'm missing something simple here but I can't seem to figure out how to make this work. Maybe it's best to change the approach entirely.

Let me know what you suggest.

Here's the document in case you want to take a closer look:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/904da048c6bccf2991b86d88/w/00e094b160a0fe1e8815d90e/e/e70ff69e58ce393644087c98

Best Answer

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A fill with a guide curve may give what your looking for. can be thickened tp finish.

Answers

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A fill with a guide curve may give what your looking for. can be thickened tp finish.

• Options
    BenTaylorBenTaylor Member Posts: 43 PRO
    You want to use the fill tool to create that surface. Select the outer circle as the edge to fill, and the conic arc as a guide curve.

(link to my part studio)
    Ben Taylor
    Lead Mechanical Engineer @ Healing Innovations
    Onshape Ambassador