Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Revision Table Description

jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
The revision Table in Onshape is fantastic.  Is there a way to edit the comments (Description) text after the drawing has been released?  At times, I inadvertently release then noticed that I had forgotten to include the comment.  Am I out of luck or can I rectify the error?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited June 2021
    @jmccormick Yes, admins of a company do have the ability to edit properties for a released component after release.  In this case, an admin will want to edit the drawing property in the version of the document where it is released.  The property is aptly named "Revision description".  Editing that property for the released drawing tab will update the table on the drawing.

We are certainly glad you are enjoying the revision table.  We like to think it's the best out of box revision table for integrated CAD/PDM anywhere.  I've had to tackle revision tables in CAD/PDM installations previously and it was generally not fun.  And, we are not yet done making Onshape revision tables better.  More to come.  

Improvements to Onshape - April 19th, 2021 — Onshape

• Options
    jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
    Perfect, Thank you.  It's amazing how many times I can see something and not notice it until someone points it out. :smile: