Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Safari 15 Improvements?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
Safari 15 is now available on MacOS. I haven't downloaded it yet. Anyone care to share if Onshape is any better or worse with this version of Safari?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Well, I went ahead and installed it (stupid, I know). In my experience so far it is worse than Safari 14.1.2. It seems less responsive, takes much longer than Chrome to load the same documents, and my 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator didn't work until I reinstalled the driver (which also fixed Chrome!?!). Safari is using a lot of CPU, but not effectively.

Safari 15.0 supports WebGL 2.0 by default. Does Onshape use WebGL 2.0?
  • Options
    Anthony_O_ConnellAnthony_O_Connell Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, it's not very good. Panels don't render properly forcing me to reload the page and the fans spin like crazy. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2017 so a more recent machine may not have the same problem.