Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mirror component in assembly

ConorConor Member Posts: 2 PRO
I see that it is possible to make a circular or linear pattern of a component in assembly, but what if I want to mirror those components instead in assembly? Is that currently possible?

Best Answers

• Options
    CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
    Answer ✓
    It is not
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    If your part studio is just a single part I would suggest making a configuration that mirrors the part in the part studio. If there is more than a single part present, you can derive the part you want to mirror into a separate part studio and mirror it there.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    It is not
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    If your part studio is just a single part I would suggest making a configuration that mirrors the part in the part studio. If there is more than a single part present, you can derive the part you want to mirror into a separate part studio and mirror it there.
  • Options
    AngleCAngleC Member Posts: 6 PRO
    edited March 2023
    A work-around that I have used successfully in such a case is to use a circular pattern with a rotation angle of 180 degrees and a pattern quantity of 2X.  The axis of rotation is first created midway between the original and the "mirrored" instance.
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO
    This is one of if not the highest voted improvement request. You can add your vote here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/5763/mirror-feature-for-assembly-workflow/p1