Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I make a part solid for 3d printing

ciro_shiaciro_shia Member Posts: 4 EDU
edited October 2021 in Community Support
I am making this model: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/97c0bff4438703fb46eab336/w/f9d9fd6b8648b1738356fc17/e/875b5b62d7deed4076b9d8c3?renderMode=0&uiState=615b591d20bf03323f3e1f55

My goal is to 3d print it using a Ender 3 V2. My problem is that when I download the top piece (Dispenser Box) as a STL, so I can slice it using Cura. The model sees the ramp inside the box as a hollow piece and does not slice it right. How do I make this whole part a single solid?

Best Answer

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I took a look at your document early this morning and saw the ramp of your top piece as you described, hollow. Looking at it now, it seems you have found the solution. Correct? - Scotty

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I took a look at your document early this morning and saw the ramp of your top piece as you described, hollow. Looking at it now, it seems you have found the solution. Correct? - Scotty
  • Options
    ciro_shiaciro_shia Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Yes, I saw my mistake. Thx anyway.