Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do i get the extrude to remove through an imported mesh?

leo_duarteleo_duarte Member Posts: 2 EDU
edited November 2021 in Community Support
Hello, I'm having trouble getting one of my sketches' extrudes to get through one of my imported meshes, I'm trying to expand/create a 3 inch hole inside of him to use as a
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4840cbdb78f0c4e0cf47f20d/w/cde7a79e9924d0274d857366/e/4fcd46dc9f82aec5ca5335fe?renderMode=0&uiState=618336f35c61732baaf8f0a9 Linked here, I cant seem to get the extrude to get through the mesh, any help would be appreciated,

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,362 PRO
    There’s a FeatureScript called Boolean Plus which will work with meshes. Ultimately if you need to do a lot of work with meshes you’ll probably want to use other CAD tools. The capabilities in Onshape are limited.
  • Options
    Greg_KeosayianGreg_Keosayian Member Posts: 26 PRO
    You need to turn the mesh into a solid first then extrude a hole. You're essentially trying to pass a cylindrical solid through a cloud of connected points.