Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Document location.

r_j_lawtonr_j_lawton Member Posts: 1 EDU

Is there a simple method to know the location of a part or assembly document in the Onshape directory?  Here is the problem we are addressing: I see on the activity page that a new team member is working on an assigned task. When, I look in their enterprise folder, it is not present. Where is this document located so I can show them how to move it to the proper directory?

Answers

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    If you click "Move to..." inside the document, it will show you the current folder it's in, and it will let you select a new folder to move it to.

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • Ignacio_Martos_Ignacio_Martos_ Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 18
    If you cant see the document it might be because you have not been shared into it, if thats the case ask the user to share you in so you have access and then you can execute the move. You can try searching Onshape for the document, this way you can query your entire data base fo the doc!