Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Create a drawing of the face of an object

mitch_b708mitch_b708 Member Posts: 16
I have modeled two parts that are inclined about 10 deg (they are mirror images of each other). I intend to cut each out from wood (e.g a 1x12) and connect the two parts with a hinge.

So, I am trying to create a drawing of the face of the part, so I can print it and use it as a template to cut the shape from the wood board. 

The problem is that the part is added to the drawing at an angle which doesn't give me the correct shape.

How can I create a view of the part that is normal to the face?

One workaround is to create a section lengthwise through the object, but that seems indirect. I'm new to OnShape, so Im hoping to learn a little bit more with this question.

Thanks,

Mitch

Best Answer

Answers