Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I tried this part of a boat with Loft, but no succes how can I do did

martin_zeegersmartin_zeegers Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Answers

• Options
    adam_richardsonadam_richardson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I was able to make it (so far as I can tell, without knowing exactly the shape you're intending) using fill for just that rear portion. Built it in half and then mirrored it across. Loft I don't think will work in this case as you have that right angle turn. The drawback with Fill is that you can't drive its tangency with another surface (so far as I know) in order to ensure that it's nice and smooth up at the top (the deck). It also may not be properly curvature continuous across the midpoint - it looks good but maybe not perfect.

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,387 PRO
    Maybe try this:

Similar to @adam_richardson 's approach:
    1. Loft the front part first
    2. Add a face curve part way down (dashed light blue curve)
    3. Use bridging curve or freeform spline to create a spline connect the face curve to the aft end (thick green)
    4. Loft a surface (thin green UV lines) which is tangent to the front
    5. Mirror the above surfaces
    6. Use fill to handle the lower part of the aft (make it tangent at top edges and use curve on mid plane as guide)

• Options
    Hi S1mon, I am a beginner so Your solution is not entirely clear to me can you clarify a bit more
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Try using Fill only with some guide's

• Options
    Hy Dirk, can I conversation in dutch?

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Dag Martin wat jij wil, is alleen niet leuk voor de anderen
  • Options
    Hi Dirk I managed to make the hull of the Boat, would like to show the document but i don’t know to share it