Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Variable table for browsing submaps

I'm creating a variable table that makes it possible to explore variables that are in submaps. The standard variable table ends up truncating the submaps that we use in our design. I'd like to see how the Onshape variable table is created. I can't find the FeatureScript code that was used to create the variable table.
  1. Is the code for the Onshape variable table in the standard library?
  2. How do you access the full list of variables that are defined in a part studio? The definition that is passed to the table doesn't seem to include variables defined in the part studio.
  3. Is there a way to make an isAnything input that would help the user type in the available variable names?