Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Machining/surface finish symbol normal to line in drawings.

Is there a way to make the machining/surface finish symbol be normal to the line in which it is referencing?  It seems to work correctly for lines that are horizontal, but vertical lines should rotated 90 degrees.  Bottom lines should have the symbol up-side down.  Is this possible to change?  When I click vertical lines, it gives me a leader with an arrow to the surface, which is not to standard (I believe)

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,516 PRO
    I've never tried adding surface finish symbols to Onshape drawings, but I'm curious, do you have ASME or ISO standard selected? This is from ASME Y14.36M - 1996:

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 524
    Answer ✓
    @Steve_Spanjers Like this?

• Options
    Steve_SpanjersSteve_Spanjers Member Posts: 9 PRO
    PeteYodis said:
    @Steve_Spanjers Like this?

YES!  Thanks for the detailed instructions.  I didn't think to right click to get the flip button.