Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Units used in tutorials

amaya_munozamaya_munoz Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Community Support
In the tutorials the units used are imperial (inches), in Europe we use metric units (cm, mm, ...). Maybe something to consider when targeting your audience.
Many Thanks
Amaya

Answers

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    @ amaya_munoz, you can change the units for modeling by following method,

In drawing,selecting ISO template will give you units in mm and selecting ANSI templates will give you units in Inch.
    1.PNG 29.9K
    2.PNG 7.3K
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @amaya_munoz, in the world three countries which are not using the metric system are Liberia, Myanmar and of course… the United States of America..weird i know....when following the tutorials you can either follow @Narayan_K advise and change units or in the dimension box enter "in" even if you are working in mm and OS will do the conversion automatically 

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    One downside to the global economy is that there is a far greater chance that we are using software (or other) products from countries other than the ones in which we reside and that the culture, customs, and even naming convention that are common in one can be quite foreign to the other.  We hear this all the time wrt metric vs imperial dimensions and I sympathize with with those metric users of Onshape (I'm in the US).  Currently, I'm making somewhat extensive use of products from Poland and Russia and have come to realize that I don't think of things the same way that they do.  It can be a real struggle to adjust one's thought processes to the other's way of thinking.  Eventually the global pot will be fully melted and we'll all be in the same page.  Until then, we adapt as best we can.