Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

CAM Software? Any updates?

mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
I pop my head in every couple months just to see if anything has been said about CAM software. Just checking to see if there is any information on mastercam or any other CAM packages being integrated into onshape.
John McConnell - Let's change things.
Saplingstore.com

Answers

• shaun_3shaun_3 Member Posts: 11
    I'm told that the Onshape app store, which is where we'll get at third party functionality like CAM, is going up next month. So, don't wait a couple months before you check in again or you'll be late to the party!
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
     I don't think that you'll get an official response but the last mention of cam integration on this forum I believe was when you popped your head in last time. Honestly I feel that it will be quite a while before you see cam integrated here.

What I would like thou, would be for Mastercam to be able to import an OnShape part studio directly and be able to update model & toolpaths if the part studio changes.
  • mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    DaVicki said:
     I don't think that you'll get an official response but the last mention of cam integration on this forum I believe was when you popped your head in last time. Honestly I feel that it will be quite a while before you see cam integrated here.

What I would like thou, would be for Mastercam to be able to import an OnShape part studio directly and be able to update model & toolpaths if the part studio changes.
    I just want a good reason to use onshape. Any way I could use it is fine with me integrated cam or not but I like the sound of integrated as long as it works as good as onshape feels.
    Saplingstore.com
  • eric_frederickseneric_fredericksen Member Posts: 1
    Fusion 360 has 3 axis milling included. I got in on the ground floor so i have 3+2 milling and lathe for $40 a month.
  • mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    eric thats a bargain. I hope to see some competitive pricing for cam here with onshape. 
    Saplingstore.com