Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

BOMs

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
I have a BOM list in an assembly and I have excluded a few items. When trying to include these items again it appears that I have to include each item one at a time, even when selecting several rows at once.
Is there a way to include or exclude several items at once?

I did try to delete the BOM and start again but couldn't find a way to do this either.
Can the BOM be deleted?

Best Answer

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Please vote for this improvement request.

To me this is fundamentally broken and I can’t understand why it was implemented this way.

Answers

• Nath_McCNath_McC Member Posts: 114 PRO
    I don't believe there is any other way to do it. With the 'exclude from BOM' property being linked to each part, you lose the properties option from the drop-down when you multi-select. It would be better if this option were connected to the assembly, and not each part.

I found an issue where I have a part in two different assemblies, one I want in the BOM and one I don't like in the BOM; I have to keep toggling the option. If it were linked to just the assembly, this wouldn't happen. I don't use it enough to be bothered too much. 

You could request it as an improvement.
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Many thanks for the info, you're right it would be better to link the BOM to the assembly, I wonder why it's not....
    It makes using BOMs a bit of a pain

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Please vote for this improvement request.

To me this is fundamentally broken and I can’t understand why it was implemented this way.