Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketches From Scanned Documents

Is there a way that I can convert a scanned hand tracing into a sketch for use in a 3D model?

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,508 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not directly...
    You can import a picture onto a sketch and trace it manually (using lines/arcs splines, etc...)
    Or what I have done before is use a tool such as inkscape and do a "Trace Bitmap" of your sketch and save to a DXF, you can then import the DXF to Onshape and use it directly

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,508 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Not directly...
    You can import a picture onto a sketch and trace it manually (using lines/arcs splines, etc...)
    Or what I have done before is use a tool such as inkscape and do a "Trace Bitmap" of your sketch and save to a DXF, you can then import the DXF to Onshape and use it directly