Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

check if my first project is right and split to fit in my 3d printer

fernando_davilafernando_davila Member Posts: 10
Hi i just draw my first drawing for my 3d printer and i need to check if i draw it right and if is possible to split in pieces that fits my printer bed
The project is a base for a collectible which has some slots where the acrylic lid will fit
here is the url of the project: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/66aadaf187de3b5c34385a0b/w/f3468052a92c5142d86d5b40/e/b1191cdee585c69967dc9cfe?renderMode=0&uiState=626384796fcbe85dad3c006f
thanks and sorry for any writing mistake English is my second language

Answers

• Options
    nicholas_radzykewycznicholas_radzykewycz Member Posts: 30 PRO
    What are the dimensions of your print bed? You can use the split command and planes to break your base into multiple segments.
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 669 PRO
    You drew it as 15 inches by 50 inches. That will not fit in any hobby 3D printer. Did you mean to make it that big? How do you plan to join the pieces together after printing? If you really want it that big, it might be a better project for a piece of wood and a router to make the groove around the perimeter.
  • Options
    fernando_davilafernando_davila Member Posts: 10
    Tha project is that big for that reason I need tho split it and my bed is 8,6 inches and i planning to glue it with my 3d pen or superglue
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    I think you are from a Metric country, change setting's if needed, first in your account setting's and then your document