Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Worm Gear - Looking for documentation on variables

rob_steele475rob_steele475 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2022 in Community Support
I'm looking to build a worm gear and the link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8debf48a92e4eff2ad42217d/w/a8176d7619e9aff1cac8d3e6/e/759a81c91a3ea81b07e15c8f
seems to be what I want. But, I'm not sure of the definitions of the varialbles. Is there some document that describes the variables?

Best Answer

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Using the "@" symbol in front of someone's user name will tag them and they will receive a notification. Konstantin is currently unable to respond in the forums. He created the original document, so I thought he would might be able to explain what the variables mean. 

In the mean time, one way to find out how a variable is being used is to open the variable table on the right side of the screen. Hovering over the variable will highlight where it is being used in the feature tree.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎

Answers