Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Revision Table Edits

Kyle_SeamanKyle_Seaman Member Posts: 1 PRO
Is there a way to add a column to the revision table? I want to add a ZONE and CO NO. column.

In picture: Top table I made. The bottom Table is the built-in Rev. Table.

Comments

• Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    @Kyle_Seaman welcome to Onshape and to the forums!
    You can edit Revision Table templates in your Release Management section of your Enterprise settings:

Changes you make should propagate to all users and drawings in your Company or Enterprise.

• Options
    Thiago_RabelloThiago_Rabello Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I have the same issue/request as the OP; I tried editing the Revision Table template as @romeograham told, but there isn't an option for an "editable field" as the OP asked for. I tried creating a custom property named "Zone" with the same characteristics of the Revision Description property, but still it won't let me edit that directly in the drawing. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 669 PRO
    Hello,

I have the same issue/request as the OP; I tried editing the Revision Table template as @romeograham told, but there isn't an option for an "editable field" as the OP asked for. I tried creating a custom property named "Zone" with the same characteristics of the Revision Description property, but still it won't let me edit that directly in the drawing. Am I doing something wrong?
    I just went through the same thing. You can only edit user created columns from the drawing tab properties. Only the Rev Description is editable in the Rev table itself. OS support told me they had to modify it heavily to allow that. Also of note, within the properties, you can change the Rev Description, or the new columns you add, or anything not greyed out, even after the part/drawing is promoted.