Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"Update Context and Version" Instead of Just "Update Context"

I am working in an assembly with multiple in context references between part studios and assemblies, and all of them have an update context button except one which has "Update Context and Version" instead. Whenever I update that specific reference a new branch is created.

Why would one reference be different like this, and is there a way for me to change it to just be a normal update context like all the others?

Thanks

Answers

• shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    I'm not completely sure but I have a guess. Is it possible your troubled part studio was moved out of the document containing the reference assembly?
  • Cassidy_DreyfusCassidy_Dreyfus Member Posts: 4
    I don't think that any of the part studios were moved. I was able to solve it by remaking all the in context sketch relations that were causing it, but I am not sure what I did differently to get rid of it.