Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I use different versions of an assy's BOM for different drawings?

Corvin_BollCorvin_Boll Member Posts: 7 PRO
Is there any way to manage multiple BOM layouts for the same assy or to edit the BOM columns once I have inserted it? I need an in-house drawing that uses the "Description" column and a version for customers that shows only the "Name" column. I suppose I could make different Versions of the document with each BOM and link those, but it seems like a clumsy solution. I'd have to remake each Version any time a change happens in the assy. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,488 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @Corvin_Boll
    You can create BOM templates and then pick which template to use in the drawing (so it doesn't have to be the same as the assembly).
    Click on the ... on the right of the BOM from the assembly to save a template.

Answers