Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Scaling dimensions in a sketch

colin_king506colin_king506 Member Posts: 19
I have a sketch I have drawn in 1:1 and I would like to copy it and reduce it to 1:87. I have completed this on a basic shape, but have been unsuccessful in sketches with more complicated geometry. I have been doing this on a feature-by-feature basis - i.e. (120/87) in. Is there a function that would generate the needed conversion globally within the workspace instead. Here is the link to the file: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/def726104d60f270e126d3e7/w/5f6ef42e6e28571c9d3e6a99/e/59acc8572b69289114fb59e4

Thanks in advance for the assistance.  :)

Best Answers

• colin_king506colin_king506 Member Posts: 19
    Answer ✓
    I have Transform and Warp, no Scale. When I went to About I only found this - 1.151.6014.5861c52f57df; I'm imagining it is the ver. #?
    Answer ✓
    Eric,

I approached it again with a fresh perspective and see what you mean the dropdown within feature Dialog Box. I thank you.

Answers

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    edited August 2022
    I think what you want is the "transform" feature. Select "scale" from the drop down within the feature to scale an entire part (or part studio for that matter).

If you have an assembly you won't be able to do this directly but depending on what you are trying to achieve you might be able to create a new in context part, select everything and scale that (with "copy" checked). This creates a new set of parts all scaled down rather than scaling the original parts but might get you what you want?...
    Answer ✓
    I have Transform and Warp, no Scale. When I went to About I only found this - 1.151.6014.5861c52f57df; I'm imagining it is the ver. #?
    Answer ✓
    Eric,

I approached it again with a fresh perspective and see what you mean the dropdown within feature Dialog Box. I thank you.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    hot tip: If you're using the transform tool and want to scale a dimension from Xmm to Ymm, your scale factor is just [the dimension you want] / [the dimension it is]
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl