Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Red Lines for Laser Vector Cuts, but line weight still too big

kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
I have been using Onshape for 7 years now and I love everything they keep doing to improve. One huge feature option I am exploring is setting up Drawing files for my Laser table to vector cut birch wood/acrylic with my students. Unfortunately, there is one critical snag we are running into, and based on all the "Onshape EDU Pros" I have talked with on Twitter, this could be a holly grail time saver when we have 150 kids using one laser table! The Drawing properties allow for the lines to be converted to Red for Vector cutting, but in almost all cases, we still have to send the file out to a third party and adjust the line weight to 0.001 to get the laser to pick this up. It seems like getting it down to the 0.001 is a must have feature for the thousands of us educators (not to mention the actual working engineers) using Onshape for laser work. If possible, I would love to see an option where I could set that clor and line weight, hit Ctrl+P from the browser and be off to the races, but I'd settle for a PDF export with the correct lineweight we all need for the red lines. Hope we can find some folks to get onboard with this much needed feature!