Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3DConnexion spacemouse working incorrectly and pan not working on specific computer in Onshape

In Microsoft Edge on a windows laptop the pan function of my spacemouse does not work in Onshape. The bigger problem is the rotation always works relative to the top view of the part, and not relative to the side the part is currently being viewed from. I have reinstalled the drivers a few times now, it does not help. The spacemouse works perfectly on this laptop in the 3DConnexion 3d viewer, and it works perfectly in Onshape on my other computer. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    I'm not sure there is a way to fix the rotation relative to the top view, I never noticed this with my SpaceMouse portable wireless.

Which version of spacemouse are you using? I did notice the newer wireless portable one was more compatible with the drivers than my old wired portable spacemouse.

When mine doesn't recognize Onshape, I usually exit the browser, then unplug and plug my device receiver. If this doesn't work, I go to where the driver is installed and stop then start the driver manually with the stop.exe and start.exe files if they gave them to me in that version of the driver.

So far, I would say the spacemouse usually works about 80% of the time with Onshape for me. This 20% down is always due to the driver not recognizing Onshape within the browser. 

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎