Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Scale uniformly - cannot resolve entities

øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
I have created a part which represents an object that I want to create a cover for. The cover should have the same shape as the base part, but obviously slightly bigger, so that it can encompass the base part.

I then thought the easy way would be to copy the original part, and then first scale it uniformly to the correct size, and then use this scaled version as the new part (which would then be further edited) that is to become the cover.

So far so good, but I can't scale the part, I just get the error "Transform 1 did not regenerate properly: Cannot resolve entities". What I did was just to select the original part first (by window selecting it), and then try to scale it.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Ah, now I see my error! I forgot to actually select a point that it should scale about in the scale dialog. When I did that, it worked as expected.
    Thanks!