Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Split screen for part studio and code

In my last post I asked about seeing part errors in the feature studio. Following on this, it would be great to be able to choose the option of looking at your code and your related part studio side by side. I can see this not being favorable to everyone, but I think it would be a fantastic option. It would make the process of writing featurescript much smoother if you can see continuous updates in your part (when you commit).

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    I agree and I think we'll have this ability eventually (it's not an easy change because of how we handle tabs in general).  For now, when I write FS, I have two browser tabs side-by-side, one with the part studio and the other with the feature studio.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc