Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Learning advanced features with the free version?

david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 35
I've been using Fusion 360 for the past year to design my expedition vehicle, but I'm considering switching to OnShape. I've spent the day going through all the basic self-paced learning courses, and it seems really good. However it seems that the more advanced courses seem to only be available on the paid subscription. This is really surprising because I believe the features they are describing are available in the free version, right (master models, configurations etc.)?

I don't have the budget for the paid subscription, but I really want to learn the best practises for large, complex models before starting work converting my project - it's a huge model with hundreds of interrelated sub-assemblies so I want to get it right...

So:

1) Are there any other good learning resources for OnShape free users? 
2) Feature request: perhaps make more of the advanced courses available for free!

Thanks!

Best Answer

• david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 35
    Answer ✓
    Cool, yeah I have lots of questions incoming! I'm working on a rough prototype of how my project will hang together, and I'll post it here for feedback soon.

Answers

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,694 PRO
    Hi @david_brophy, welcome to Onshape! 

Right here is an excellent recourse. Post a question similar to this one asking for "Best practices on a large assembly?" and you will have a list of people lined up to help you.

Don't forget to share some example files of what you are working with or trying to do. It is hard to help someone without anything to actually help with.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • david_brophydavid_brophy Member Posts: 35
    Answer ✓
    Cool, yeah I have lots of questions incoming! I'm working on a rough prototype of how my project will hang together, and I'll post it here for feedback soon.