Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I make a pin move along an octagonal path?

I saw a forum that explained how to move a pin along a circular slot, but not for other different types of slots. The project I'm working on requires that the slot be an octagon, but I haven't been able to find a way to assemble it properly. If you need more specifics to be able to help me, plz ask. 

Answers

• Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 208 PRO
    Onshape doesn't have "path mates" yet, but one workaround is to make a part with small curves (and then hide it) and use a tangent mate.

• outstandingoutstanding Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Onshape doesn't have "path mates" yet [...]
    Does this mean they are on some roadmap?

I've used half a day to collect the history of path mate discussions between Jun 2015 and Apr 2021.

Now, end of 2023 approaching, it would be nice to know whether the possibility of making path mates has been spotted this side of the feature horizon.  Lack of it won't take me away from using Onshape, but it seems like a hole in the deck planks of the ship.