Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Lofting Along this Curved Path
Blapor
Member Posts: 5 ✭
I have these 2 sketch faces to loft and a composite curve that I'd like to use to guide the outer edge of the loft, but I can't figure out how to make it work. I'm new to OnShape, so I'm not sure if I should be using some other sort of operation instead, maybe? Any ideas?



0
Best Answer
-
@Blapor
Here is a GIF of my lofting the document you sent me a link to, without any problem
Below is a modification of your document that allows for a boolean add during the loft if wanted.
As your document was before, it required me to take some extra steps before I was able to do a boolean
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/410212decf85adaad75c613d/w/91dd49ad1432e72b5c178405/e/ce4dcd65cb16f7e99fde04db
2
Answers
-

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e37f99f504c75ca201b3b9fb/w/de17b0f1f6dc4736ea5c610c/e/14a986e74a67f1595f8ce4ae
Hard to tell exactly what’s happening in your case. If you post the URL or the link to your document, I’m sure there are people that will help you out
But in the meantime, you could take a look at the document above2 -
@Blapor
If you move your cursor over the LOFT in the feature tree, you should see a TEXT POP-UP showing the reason why your loft has failed.
Post what it says, and folks here in the forum will be able to help you.
0 -
@Blapor
Here is a GIF of my lofting the document you sent me a link to, without any problem
Below is a modification of your document that allows for a boolean add during the loft if wanted.
As your document was before, it required me to take some extra steps before I was able to do a boolean
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/410212decf85adaad75c613d/w/91dd49ad1432e72b5c178405/e/ce4dcd65cb16f7e99fde04db
2 -
Here's a link to the document. It seems like it's basically the same as yours except my composite curve is built from edges in the same sketch as the original revolved curve. Seems like that shouldn't really make a difference but I'm not sure.
Thanks for helping.
0 -
Very strange, I'm not sure why it wasn't working for me. I'll just use the version you sent, thanks a ton.
0