Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Changing a sketches plane to be based on a new parts surface

Hi Onshape guru's,
I am trying to modify an existing model which uses an IPT which I need to modify. So I created the part and modified as needed. Now I need to integrate back into the original model and have the original sketches reference this rather than the original IPT import.
The problem is the the old sketches don't reference/can see the new part or any of the new extrudes etc. So is there any way these old sketches can see the new sketches and extrudes?

Thanks in advance I hope
link to the document I am working on.
Part1 original
Part 2 is the modified file which make the IPT redundant

Answers

• Options
    Hans_Leirvik_1Hans_Leirvik_1 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Hi,
    you can export your new part (as Parasolid or other format) to a new part studio.
    Then you can use Derive to import it at the top of your Feature-tree, hence it will be visible in all the sketches below...