Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Anyone export to inventor and 3d toolpath hsm?

mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
Just curious to see if anyone has exported an onshape model to be able to open in inventor then succesfully 3d toolpath it.
John McConnell - Let's change things.
Saplingstore.com

Answers

• matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I don't have Inventor, but do have HSMWorks for Solidworks and was able to export a .step file, bring it into Solidworks and generate toolpaths in HSM.  I can't imagine there should be a problem doing the same thing in inventor. 

• mcconnell113mcconnell113 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    very cool to know. Im working with hsmxpress now and it seems to be working just fine. Wish i had hsm works thats why i was hoping it might work for fusion or inventor. :)
    John McConnell - Let's change things.
    Saplingstore.com
  • matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I believe that what's under the hood for HSM code-wise is the same across Inventor, the Solidworks plugin, and Fusion 360.  Along those lines of thinking, if it works in one environment, it probably works in all of them and if it doesn't work in one of them, it probably doesn't work in any of them.