Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Old and New Forum Accounts

BStumpBStump Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
Is there a way to merge two separate forum accounts into one and then ditch the old one?

Best Answer

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Make a request to support. I did something like this at a couple points because of transitioning from a free account to a paid trial work account (paid for by a previous employer) and then to a professional account that I'm paying for. 

Ultimately, I think they need to slightly separate the credentials for the forums from the ones for CAD. It's also tricky if you have more than one paid account that you use.

Answers

• Options
    Or at least Nuke the Old one and reuse the user name
  • Options
    Technically this would be an OLD OS account/Forum to a new OS account/forum?
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Make a request to support. I did something like this at a couple points because of transitioning from a free account to a paid trial work account (paid for by a previous employer) and then to a professional account that I'm paying for. 

Ultimately, I think they need to slightly separate the credentials for the forums from the ones for CAD. It's also tricky if you have more than one paid account that you use.
  • Options
    S1mon said:

Though so, but wanted to check before I did that.