Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How Do I Restore Default of a Configuration Variable

klaus_krämerklaus_krämer Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
I am now starting to use configuration variables.

The definition aks for a DEFAULT value and a  min./max. value.

So I suppose a default value should be easily restored in its input field as soon as the variable's value differs from default. But until now I could not find a way to restore a variable's default value. Any hints how to do that?

Answers

• christopher_dziubachristopher_dziuba Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    This would be a nice touch. But in the mean time you just have to do it manually or you could also "derive" the parts studio in another parts studio. When you do all configuration values will be set to default 
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    It’s also possible to create a bunch of equations which set variables to their defaults. These equations can have their suppression state configured with a single checkbox (which could be named “set to defaults”). There’s no automatic way that I know of to copy the default values into those equations, so there’s a chance of error or at least it’s a pain to keep them in sync if you want to change the defaults.

Ultimately, it would be better to have some way to do this without work arounds. 
  • chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    I'd also like to see something like this at some point. 
    Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
  • klaus_krämerklaus_krämer Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Ok guys, thank you for eliminating my doubts about my skill to get this done via mouseclicks or key combinations! I'll open a new thread in category "Improvement Requests".