Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

TooTallToby Material new Featurescript

STEGSTEG Member, User Group Leader Posts: 76 PRO
*Texte en français au bas
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone!

I just created a new version of the FS "TooTallToby Material" where you can see mass in both units (grams and pounds) at once. Now you can change only the length units and skip the mass units change to find the correct mass of your part. You can find it here: https://bit.ly/TTTMaterialBySTEG

All comments are welcome!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Bonjour à tous!

Je viens de créer une nouvelle version du FS "TooTallToby Material" où vous pouvez voir la masse dans les deux unités (grammes et livres) à la fois. Vous pouvez maintenant modifier uniquement les unités de longueur et ignorer le changement d'unités de masse pour trouver la masse correcte de votre pièce. Le FS se trouve ici : https://bit.ly/TTTMaterialBySTEG

Vos commentaires sont les bienvenus!

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    Nice,
    Just one thought, some TTT parts in IPS are small and require more digits of precision (I think I've seen up to x.xxxx lb?).

You could be fancy and add a control to input the number of decimals, that would be neat!
  • Options
    Nice,
    Just one thought, some TTT parts in IPS are small and require more digits of precision (I think I've seen up to x.xxxx lb?).

You could be fancy and add a control to input the number of decimals, that would be neat!
    Missed that. I'll check what can be done! Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO

Nice, thanks!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Nice,

I made some testing to find out the values are high precision until they are placed in the table. Since I don't have a lot of experience in FS, I can't find how to increase the precision they have in the table.

I think the solution is somewhere around here:
    tableRow
    valueWithUnitAndPrecision

Anyone can help?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Finally found a way to do it by using toString for my values before putting them in the table. Fixed the precision to 4 digits, trailing zero(s) deleted (not by me...  ;) ).

Will add a new link when I make sure it works properly which is not the case now! lol