Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Global measured variables?

jules_smithjules_smith Member Posts: 24 EDU
The only things I see myself using measured variables for are belt/chain length calculations and setting limits in assemblies. The former has a separate improvement request, but the latter doesn't seem as though it can be done. My question is; is there any way to make a measured variable into a global variable? This includes funky workarounds. I will post an improvement request if there is no way to do this.

Answers

• Options
    jules_smithjules_smith Member Posts: 24 EDU
    I should note if this was a thing, a standard part of my process would become creating a separate variable studio for measurement variables
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,065 PRO
    There's not a straightforward way (yet?) and I wish there was. You can propagate variables from one studio to another using the Super Derive feature by @ilya_baran (and others from the Onshape team) or the Variable Library feature by @Alex_Kempen.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl